on 20 July 2013
I do sympathise with the reviewer who writes that some of the recipes don't work. But that's surely an acceptable fallout from such a radically innovative response to inspirational ingredients. The recipes I've made have worked well, even if sometimes I make a note to tweak the odd thing next time (I think the authors have a slightly sweeter tooth than me). Indeed, most of them have been so delicious that I'm already making plans to make them again, and I love books that challenge me to make my own adjustments. It's like being in dialogue with the writers.

The main thing of note about this book is how wonderfully happy-making it is! It features gorgeous photography, and the personality of the authors shines through.

I'm vegan, btw, and would highly recommend it to vegans despite the presence of eggs in lots of the recipes. They're easy to tweak, and in any case there are loads of fully vegan options that make it a worthwhile addition to my shelf.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.