on 9 August 2013
Colour: White|Style: Power Flosser|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have very tightly packed teeth so I've always had a problem cleaning between the gaps since I can't even get dental floss between most of them. I do have a water flosser which works brilliantly, but with the water shooting everywhere does tend to be a bit messy, so this sounded ideal.

I was slightly less convinced when it arrived and I unpacked it, the unit is surprisingly bulky considering how little water it holds and for some unknown reason it has to be charged for a full 24 hours prior to first use.

So unit plugged in and charging while I read the instructions, which were nicely detailed. Second issue. The instructions state that it's not designed to remove large or sticky food from between teeth. Yes I expect to have to clean my teeth with a toothbrush first, but if it can't remove sticky food (the kind probably most likely to be stuck in the gaps in the first place) why would someone be paying £70 for this?

Having already been used to a water flosser, using the unit was quite easy and didn't involve any pain or bleeding, although I'd imagine both could be possible if you have tender gums until they toughen up after a few uses. The unit was easy enough to use, position, point and press. Pretty straight forward. I have to say my teeth didn't feel particularly clean afterwards, certainly not like they do when I use a water flosser and even after struggling with dental floss I usually feel more of a difference than I did with the AirFloss

I did find during use, whilst a water flosser will sluice out between the teeth and under the gums, the Airfloss can only be used from the front, so no cleaning the back of any teeth. The design is really only suitable as a direct replacement for dental floss, trying to force out debris from between the base of teeth, trying to clean under the gumline is impossible.

It may just be my mouth, but I found it almost impossible to get the AirFloss in place for my molars, the angle of the head meant my cheek was in the way so I couldn't line up the head with the gap and ended up just flossing the molars themselves, not the gaps between.

In all, a good idea, but a very poor design that really isn't going to replace flossing at all. I certainly wouldn't recommend this to anybody and most definitely not for the current price. If you can cope with a bit of mess (not much once you get the knack) I'd suggest a water flosser, if not I'd recommend saving your money and sticking with dental floss I'm afraid.
66 Comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.