TOP 100 REVIEWERon 18 March 2011
I pre-ordered this a while ago. Not sure why it has turned up a few days ahead of the alleged release date, but very pleased that it has.

I have been a Joe fan for quite a while now, and I just love all of his work - up until I bought Black Rock that is. I don't know what it is about that album, it is just... weird. I don't like it. I was worried.

But I was blown away by Black Country Communion, and so I have been eagerly awaiting his next solo effort. Here it is. Joe is back. This is spine tingling blues, I love it. Never mind all the "if you like this artist or that artist" recommendations - if you like Joe Bonamassa, you will like this :-)

The book accompanying this deluxe edition looks interesting, but I am going to need some new reading glasses, its weird font in brown on brown is not the most legible thing I've ever seen. But I didn't buy this to read the book.

Buy it, you will love it. Can't give a "best track" yet, I need a few listens first... track 4 Meaning of the Blues is a contender so far though!

UPDATE: After several plays, I am slightly reluctant to give a best track, because they are all worthy, there is not one duff track on here, a truly brilliant album and a real return to top form after Black Rock. But if I was popping to the shops and this was in the car and I only had time for one track, it would be number 9, No Love On The Street. It's just GLORIOUS. I'll say it again - BUY THIS, you will not be disappointed.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Just figured why I like track 9 so much - it is very similar to another fave of mine, Sloe Gin - and I now realise that is because it is another old Tim Curry song, also written by Michael Kamen. It's got the same sirens in it, might even be the same sample! Whatever - love it.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE: I knew I knew the name Michael Kamen from somewhere in the deep recesses of my brain other than just for Sloe Gin (forgive me, I'm a bit slow sometimes!), and having just recently re-watched the original series of Edge Of Darkness on DVD, it has finally hit me - he co-wrote the brilliant music for that landmark series with Eric Clapton. He has also written many other huge film scores - check him out.
44 Comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?