on 23 March 2010
As a big fan of The Who, moreso during the era up to Keith Moon's death, (which is covered here), than their later works and gigs, I just can't praise this enough. Obviously someone as close to any band would be able to get something like this together, but rather like Bill Wyman with The Stones, must have made copious notes at the time.
Having just written a book about the Bournemouth rock scene between 1960 and 1980, I had more than my share of trawling through local newspaper microfilm archives. But I still didn't find anywhere near the information contained in this book, in fact, it had a Who gig I attended in Bournemouth which I could find no local record of at all. I knew I had seen them 3 times at Bournemouth's Pavilion, found 2, and this book had the 3rd; before that I thought I had perhaps imagined it.
But this is a mine of information and tales on the road every Who fan will adore, there are not many photos, but the attention to detail in the text more than makes up or it.
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details