on 5 January 2011
I had read many positive reviews of this movie. In addition, I am a great fan of Isabelle Huppert's work, so I looked forward to watching this movie. I particularly liked Claire Denis' non-chronological storyline. It's hard to tell whether this I. Huppert's most brilliant performance ever, but I. Huppert always gives outstanding performances.

From the DVD, I learned that the genesis of this movie came from I. Huppert's idea of making D. Lessing's "The grass is singing" into a movie. (C. Denis found it complicated to film and came up with the script of "White material").
2 people found this helpful