on 20 February 2012
I'm in a Sicilian mood - been a big fan of the Montalbano novels and actually read most of them in French as the translations were better and sooner than the UK (my attempt to read one in Italian was a failure). However the nearest I have been to Sicily is Rome, but the reruns of the Montalbano prompted me to ponder a long holiday in Sicily.

I bought this book and Sweet Honey, Bitter Lemons.

I showed my brother Made in Sicily and also the Korean cookbook Kimchi Chronicles. He asked me why I'd bought Made in Sicily as it looked so boring, particularly in comparison to Kimchi chronicles. And it does. The pictures colours are washed out and insipid, it doesn't make the taste buds wet with desire. The non recipe text is not inspiring.

In contrast I enjoyed Sweet Honey, Bitter Lemons: Travels in Sicily on a Vespa by
Matthew Fort, which has almost no pictures far better - I stayed reading it late into the night reading it and marked up the recipes that i will be trying.

Is Sicilian food as boring looking as this book?

I really hope not.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details