on 30 September 2013
A friend saw Lianne La Haves at Rock en Seine and was very impressed by her.
When I bought Michael Kiwanuka's 'Home Again', Amazon said I would also like Lianne La Havas, so I bought her album.
Well, there is absolutely no comparison. Michael K is talented and original. Lianne LH is mediocre and sounds similar to many other female vocalists. The only characteristics they seem to have in common are being black, young and living in the UK.
Still, she was better than Laura Mvula (same two recommendations as above). I bought her album at the same time, based on the same two pieces of advice. It was so poor that I gave it to the friend who had recommended her.
At least I kept the Lianne La Havas album, as I could actually bear to listen to it again.
So, I won't in future be following the musical advice of either my friend or Amazon.
I will, however, be following the advice of my brother-in-law, who recommended Michael Kiwanuka.
11 Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details