on 11 July 2007
The review I have just read states with certainty that Paul is merely "average" and could not possibly hold his own agaist other tenors. I must disagree. I've attended over 60 operatic performances and have heard tenors of every possible ilk. I've been to three Turandot performances. At any one of them,actually all of them, I would have paid extra on the spot to have Paul sing Nessun Dorma.

I know that if Paul chooses to do so,he can develop technique that is as technically correct as any tenor in the world. This will probably be important to the preservation of his voice. If he does, however,I hope he does not lose one iota of that....honey sweet evocative character of pathos and longing in his voice. No other tenor I have ever heard has that same quality,and it cannot be learned. Technique will sell critics, though neither I nor millions of others care about them, but that voice, that quality of raw humanity, will always sell the masses longing for beauty and meaning.

And I haven't had any crazy pills at all.
0Comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?