on 24 November 2010
I waited a bit between Hunger Like No Other (the prequel to the Dark Hunter series??) and Night Pleasures. I was reading another series, but then the first two of the Dark Hunter series arrived at the library, and I had enjoyed the first Sherrilyn Kenyon book I read.
I pretty much devoured this book. I really liked it. Kenyon took a character alluded to in HLNO and turned him into the main character here. I particularly liked Amanda's character, because she was a bit sassy and didn't really want to see who she really was. That allowed for some character growth at the end.
That being said, the character growth seemed a bit rushed, and when she finally gets the guts to actually DO something to protect herself, her dude comes in and says something like, "Baby, can't you let me take care of this?" And she just stands back and lets him fight. Well, I just didn't like that part. I mean, I guess I would have told him where to go and kicked the bad guy's butt myself, especially if I thought I could win!
Anyway, that was the main thing that irritated me, and why I gave this 3 instead of 4 stars. But, I still loved everything else about the book and will definitely keep reading the series. I have a feeling that it'll be all alpha males (which I don't mind at all) and irritatingly weak females (which I do mind), but it's so entertaining and the romance is just great, I can overlook that!
What's this?