on 21 July 2013
For 30 years I have had "experts" tell me to cut the fat and increase the carbs to help me lose weight. Various nutritionists have told me over the years That my body is in starvation mode and it is wrong to just eat when you feel like it as your body stores what you eat as fat. I have been told that too many calories in and not enough going out leads to weight gain. To drink loads of water even when you don't need it. I have tried 800 calorie diets under medical supervision based upon specialist diet bars (carb based) and haven't lost an ounce! I have been a member of the two most popular weight loss groups and neither helped me lose weight, in fact I ate more food than usual and I put weight on. I even considered albeit briefly, a gastric band operation.

THEN someone suggested I read The Primal Blueprint and my life changed immediately. It explained why I was overweight. It went against all other views about the way to lose weight. It explained why every time i used conventional dieting methods in fact i was doing my body a disservice. It stopped me feeling like a failure.

One week into the lifestyle changes he suggests has enabled me to lose 5kg. It is amazing. I feel more energetic and my arthritic knees are less stiff. I dont expect to continue to lose weight at this pace but what an amazing start and imagine how encouraged I feel to continue?.

He even takes the guilt out of not wanting to spend time at the gym!

You can log onto his website and receive daily newsletter to encourage you but I recommend you read this book.

Thank you Kathryn for recommending the book and to Mark Sissons for writing it.
9 people found this helpful