Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle

on 25 February 2013
Bought two of these to supply and install for one customer and also to replace my own router at home (I am a computer technician). Easy to set up, rather bizarre-looking but up and running in no time at all. But..... my home one had problems straight away. The broadband was slow, intermittent and kept dropping off.
Checked all settings, should have been no problem. Sync speed was fine, download speeds were terrible. Streaming services such as iPlayer and Netflix were impossible to watch.

Had a call from the customer who I installed the other one for, and hers was exactly the same.
Amazon took these two back with no hassle, so full marks to Amazon.
It's a shame, because TP-Link make some very good network switches, these were just a duff batch I feel.

Also, why do Amazon insist on lumping reviews of different models together? It's infuriating because a newer model might be a big improvement, but will get the bad marks from the previous model, and vice-versa.

I'm now using a Billion 7800N - a lot more expensive, but so far the most reliable router I have ever used!
20 people found this helpful