on April 15, 2006
Up till now, I had been listening to Sigur Ros solely on the tracks I downloaded from the internet. These were great, and was the reason I was a little nervous about buying Takk. T'was hard of me to see how an album could match the individual tracks

I was wrong. I was more wrong than thought possible. It was delivered today and I have been listening to it almost non-stop since then. Not since the first time I listened to OK Computer have I felt this way about an album.

Each song is constructed with brilliance and care. Each song is beautiful and amazing. Each song makes me glad that I brought this album. Each song makes me want to thank you lot for introducing me to them. But that's not the best bit.

This album flows perfectly. Each song flows and blends in with the next. The first song sets up the second song brilliantly, and the way Glosoli just smoothly flows into Hoppipolla made me realise that this wasn't any ordanary album I was listening to. And what's more amazing is that it carries on. On most albums there are tracks which you could take away and no-one would mind or notice. Not here. Although I was a bit wary of the length at first, once I started listening to it I could think of a million reasons to keep it this way and not one to change it.

If you haven't got it, buy it. Buy it now. I'm off now to see whether I can afford Ágætis byrjun.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?