on 20 April 2006
I first heard of Joanna Newsome through the ad featuring "Svetlana sucks lemons..." from This Side of the Blue. I decided to plunge in and buy the album, the track sounded quirky and original and perhaps the album was a hidden gem.

On first playing I thought a little girl had wandered into a recording studio and was singing gibberish. Joanna hasn't got the strongest of voices it has to be admitted.

On second playing the album started to grow on me and it got under my skin as each song became more familiar and I got over my initial shock even if the lyrics were still a closed book to me. This Side of the Blue is the best track of the album. I doubt if I would buy more from this artist but I am glad that I've widened my musical experience.
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details