Select Your Cookie Preferences

We use cookies and similar tools that are necessary to enable you to make purchases, to enhance your shopping experiences and to provide our services, as detailed in our Cookie Notice. We also use these cookies to understand how customers use our services (for example, by measuring site visits) so we can make improvements.

If you agree, we’ll also use cookies to complement your shopping experience across the Amazon stores as described in our Cookie Notice. This includes using first- and third-party cookies, which store or access standard device information such as a unique identifier. Third parties use cookies for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalised ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Click ‘Customise Cookies’ to decline these cookies, make more detailed choices, or learn more. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie Preferences, as described in the Cookie Notice. To learn more about how and for what purposes Amazon uses personal information (such as Amazon Store order history), please visit our Privacy Notice.

Customise Cookies

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 March 2016
Exceptionally visual and very creepy, THE ICE TWINS has a superb concept. The notion of being mistaken regarding which twin has died is absolutely compelling to me, especially as I am rather obsessed with twins and multiples myself. I thought the set up in particular was really well done and the chapters that focused on Kirstie/Lydia's confusion and sorrow were strongest for me. The adults were difficult to empathise with but that was not overly problematic for me; instead I found there was some muddying of genre/tone in terms of whether this was or was not an actual ghost story. That said, The prose here is very good and I will definitely be interested in reading THE FIRE CHILD from the same author
Report abuse Permalink