56 of 64 people found the following review helpful
How can a company make progressively worse products,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: TomTom Start 25 5" Sat Nav with Europe Maps & Lifetime Map Updates(45 countries) (Electronics)
This is my 3rd TomTom - my 1st was OK apart from occasional misdirections - my 2nd was worse in that regard and caused me more problems when trying to update the maps - I decided to buy a newer model rather than carry on with the updating problems but this newer one is TERRIBLE for a number of reasons;
1) It still suffers from misdirections
2) Despite being a new model the maps are still out of date (even after updating on line), as long standing road layouts are still dealt with incorrectly.
3) It announces instructions far earlier than appropriate, so unless you're looking at the screen as well as listening to it, it causes you to take a wrong turn.
4) The screen is bigger and the numbers are removed from the main screen, so the bigger buttons are easier to operate BUT its a real pain switching between the letters and numbers screens to enter postcodes, when compared to the earlier model, which has a single combined alpha/numerical screen.
5) Unless I'm doing something wrong with the charging, the battery in this one lasts no time at all, compared to the earlier versions.
You'd think after all these years of manufacturing these devices, that TomTom would have got it right by now - VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!
I'm so unhappy with the new one that I've gone back to using the older version and will either be returning this or selling it off and purchasing another brand.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Nov 2012 12:07:24 GMT
what 1 would you suggest or buy or intend on buying..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›