on 2 January 2012
Bought the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 (for Windows) on 16 August 2011, after having read many reviews. I put some time before writing my opinion on this machine because I wanted to try it in great detail. This machine is FANTASTIC. And say that I have spent years to scan my documents with a flatbed scanner and OCR software. That time lost. With my ScanSnap S1500, I can now go to the core. With its included software, my documents are in electronic format in less time that it takes to say and with FULL DUPLEX. Two jams, my mistakes, put paper with strongly folded edges. Since then, it is that fun. It is also possible to scan A3, with a few small manipulations. Of course, not to scan a full magazine, but it is still possible with a little patience. It is even an A4 scanner after all! With my flatbed scanner and a maximum compression rate, a file of 30 pages occupied about 26 Megabytes*. With ScanSnap and its software, the same file occupies less than 5 Megabytes*! even in searchable PDF! It automatically detects paper formats and removes blank sheets. During OCR process and file compression, which occur in a SINGLE operation, one can do something else. The search for text in files (searchable PDF) is highly efficient and reliable, much more than with my old system. Even the pictures are of excellent quality. For less of £370.00 (EUR435.00), I think there is no better. In one word, it does what it says.
The machine arrived in the time indicated by Amazon, in a perfect condition and there was even a continental electrical plug (Belgium), (in addition to the UK one). I highly recommend the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 to all of those who want to get rid of paperwork.
P.S. Oh yeah, sorry if my English is not perfect.
* In my previous review, I mistakenly wrote 2.6 GB instead of 26 MB and 50 kb instead of 5 MB for a file of 30 pages.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.