on 7 July 2011
I read this in prepartation for doing the paleo 30 day challenge that Robb suggests in his book. It's a popular test within crossfit circles and is adopted either as a lean up method or people have usually progressed from the zone diet, which is Crossfit's other recommended form of nutrition. I'm familiar with Robb Wolf from his nutrtion work with CrossFit HQ before the fall out between the parties. I love his sense of humour and this book is full of it I'm glad to say. If it is your first inroads into the paleolithic/stone age paradigm then its a good place to start. You have the science parts if you can stomach the reading or you can cut to the chase! Robb in his writing style is happy for you to do either.
Much like when I discovered the crossfit community my eyes have been opened to new effective ways of thinking regarding nutrition. I'm 37 days into this lifestyle having been a zone diet follower. I'm 5'9, 35 year old male who trains in crossfit 4-5 times a week and have gone from:
164lbs to 157lbs
Lean mass has stayed the same at 137lbs (after tweaking protein amounts early on)
Body fat went from 16.7% to 12.5%

The removal of dairy resulted in my flaky scalp clearing up. I've gone from 33 inches to 31.5 on my waist. I'm in the process of getting my blood work results and I would have liked to have posted those here to drop the bomb on how what is in most circles would be classed as a high fat diet in terms of my intake. Wake up people... it is excessive consumption of refined carbs not FAT in your diet that is causing so many problems. My body is fuelled more by fat (primarily monunsaturated fat) than carbs yet I'm fit as a fiddle and I know my cholesterol levels are going to fly in the face of the current medical and nutrition dogma! This stuff is the closest anyone is going to get to the fountain of youth!
26 people found this helpful