on 17 March 2013
I have never had gel nails applied in the salon or otherwise but I really wanted them done as a little fed up with doing daily touch ups on general nail polish that chips endlessly and I wanted to try and strength my nails, whilst having a finish that lasted. However, I didn't want to end up in a costly cycle of having to go to the salon for gel application, infills/ removal.
So I bought this kit after research and I can honestly say this kit is brilliant!! The visual guide is very helpful and the instructions are so easy to understand, which was great for me because I had never seen it done before and I didn't know what processes were involved.
No problem with any of the items supplied, although I did buy a better hoof, and a sable brush on recommendation of a previous tip and it definitely helped control the gel application.

I only needed to apply two false nails as my own nails were of reasonable length. I applied a colour gel which I bought additionally to the kit.
I was completely surprised at how good my gelled nails looked ....considering it was my first attempt! You couldn't tell either that two were false. So much better than standard nail polish and my nails feel so strong.
In total my first application took 1.1/2 hrs and it will undoubtedly get quicker with experience.

I'm sure there are cheaper kits out there but the lamp is superb and not worth skimping on a tool that is vital to the whole process. You more than recover your money in comparison to costly salon visits.
I'm really pleased with this product, including good packaging and presentation ....and the DVD featuring extra chapters on nail art, using gems etc was a great bonus if you want to add extra artistry.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink