on 16 December 2013
Style: Headphones|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the third set of RHA earbuds I've had. The first (their MA350s) are excellent for the money but fall short of delivering truly outstanding audio. The second set (their MA750s) are a vast audio improvement, delivering genuinely startling impressive sound but are saddled with the annoyance of an 'over the ear' design (which I have never really got on with). Now, what you seem to have with these MA600s is the same or near equal great audio of the 750's but with none of the irritating 'cable-brushing-the-nape-of-your-neck' distraction that interferes with the enjoyment of your music. Result!

Now I know that some people actually prefer the 'over the ear' design (which will always remain a mystery to me) so for those that do the good news is you can wear these earbuds that way if you choose (although I imagine most could be hooked over the lobe this way if required) but if that's the case I suggest you pay a little more and get the 750's as the cabling comes preformed expressly for this purpose and they hook instinctively over the years and will helpfully only insert into the ear canal the 'right' way (i.e. right channel to right ear and left to left). If on the other hand 'over the ear' is not for you (or you are simply not bothered either way) I strongly urge you to get these ones instead: for the money you will simply not get a better audio experience (or, for that matter, if you spent considerably more on another make).

Any criticisms of these earphones are minor but if I was pushed I'd have to say I prefer the slightly more industrial look of the finish, connector and jack of the MA750s (which actually don't feature a 90 degree 3.5ml jack as these MA600s do - which many seem to prefer) and - as usual with ALL RHA earbuds it seems - they still unhelpfully refuse to label or mark each earbud with a letter to indicate which ear they should be going in (the only reason I can think of is they must think it might ruin the understated design aesthetic that RHA seem to pursue which, of course, it wouldn't). It's a little thing perhaps, but it still means I seem to spend unnecessary time after putting them in wondering whether the music I'm listening to sounds the way they should sound and the way I'm used to hearing it.

These minor quibbles aside RHA have done it again: a high quality, well made and engineered product that crucially delivers a truly impressive sound. If you want an outstanding audio experience at a very reasonable price with an excellent warranty and uncommonly good customer support - these are for you.

Highly recommended.