on 26 April 2013
I have loved all four novels of the "Rome" series as much as the "Boudicca" series. The characters are believable and three-dimensional and the plots move along at a cracking pace. This last novel was written in a different style from the others and while I was initially a little anxious about it (if it ain't broke, don't fix it), I trusted Manda Scott to know what she was doing and to my enormous relief, I found it was as wonderful and absorbing as the others.

I'm mildly irritated by the sticker on the cover "As good as Conn Iggulden or your money back"; in my opinion there is no comparison, Manda is streets ahead but I imagine that is a publisher's trick to attract more male readers.

My only disappointment is that this is the last of the series and there is no more to look forward to - I guess I'll just have to go back to the beginning and read them all again.
What's this?