Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Learn more

22 April 2014
I dont usually write reviews on books, preferring to leave that to people who are much smarter than I am but I feel compelled to say something about this book and the two that preceded it. I bought Volume 1 as I have always liked this genre of fiction and was looking for someone new, having read everything by Clancy, Brown, Weber, Coonts, Bond et al - my expectations weren't high as anyone who reads will know the authors I've just mentioned are all best sellers and, well, I had never heard of Andy Farman - but, I read the reviews for Book 1 (Stand To) and thought I'd give it a try. All I can say is - WOW!! Talk about hooked - from the first page to the last I felt almost breathless - I simply could not put it down. It takes me weeks and weeks to read a book as I nearly always fall asleep within just a couple of pages but I read Stand To in a weekend followed immediately by Volume 2 (Advance to Contact) and by Friday of that week I was on to Volume 3 (Fight Through) - I wish I had been slower in completing all three novels as I now have to wait for Volume 4 - which, though I have been assured is almost ready, can't come quick enough.
If you're looking for a darn good read - try this guy for size.
11 Comment Report abuse Permalink