on 30 April 2014
I would like to have given it five stars as its an excellent SAT NAV and does exactly what I wanted it to do on my motorcycle with the added bonus of having a car kit supplied as well. However...
The big problem is Switzerland, for some reason it will not accept fairly main roads preferring to route you hundreds of kilometres instead of a very short distance. Try the Furka Pass to Interlaken for example, a 40 mile journey is shown as several hundred! I did get it to accept the route but only by putting each and every village as a via until I found one that went straight to Interlaken. It doesn't like Swiss banks either. It showed and took me to three false locations when I needed a cash point. One place was interesting as the Team Sky cycling team were there but I needed cash to pay for my hotel. In the end I gave up, went o a town where I knw there are banks and hunted a cash point down on foot. Annoying, it is such a useful feature but it needs to work.
I also don't like the 'dashboard'. I suppose it's to make it clear for motorcycling but I like using a North up view and whenever you're travelling between WSW and ESE through S the roads are hidden from view. My other Garmin SAT NAV, despite having the same screen dimensions is MUCH better.
Three stars then but it could so easily have been five!
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?