5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, 21 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Sony BDVE380.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video (Electronics)
Firstly I must mention the couriers, DPD UK, not only did they deliver my parcel a couple of days early, they send you an e mail on the morning of delivery, allowing you to just take a couple of hours off work, not the whole day as with most other carriers. You can also change the day of delivery via their e mail. An excellent service.
The Sony home cinema I received was well packaged and easy to unpack and set up. Using the supplied microphone I had a decent surround sound within the hour, just a few tweaks and I was happy (the sub was set far too high, as I suspect most will be to give new users a WOW factor)
The speakers are good looking, even my girlfriend was impressed, and the centre is small enough to plonk in front of the TV without blocking the screen. The other 4 are about a foot tall and slope back a few degrees.
Looped my Virgin media V+ box through the system so I can get superior sound when watching the TV. Despite reading numerous articles on the Internet about not being able to use HDMI cables to do this I managed it by following the easy set up guide and found I did not need an optical cable as mentioned in many articles.
The TV is a Sony as well so the TV volume now works the complete system volume.
The unit itself is quite wide at 17 inches (43cm) and only just fit in my rack. The front panel is steeply raked and as such would be difficult to read "head on" but is fine to read from above. Mine is on the bottom of my rack and I can easily read it from my normal sitting position.
Now to the sound. After coming from a "proper" home cinema I find it a touch lightweight, however, like most I imagine it is impossible to fit full size speakers in a normal living room and as such I can only recommend systems like these. House and wife friendly and a massive upgrade on TV sound.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]