on 14 August 2014
Firstly, I'd like to say that I am a huge fan of the Cog. I like this album a lot and I'm pleased I bought it. But is it as good as some of the earlier albums? It's difficult to say as there have been some absolute crackers in the past... Transatlantic RPM, Tales From The Beach, Adventures In Black Sunshine... The list of great albums is long!

Like most albums, some tracks are stronger than others. My favourite track is probably Amplify My Soul (Part 2). Jamie Anderson's sax solo is quite frankly divine - I absolutely love this track. Rapture is another corker but then again anything Imaani sings is going to be good! Deeper Still is another corker - I thought I was listening to Erykah Badu when I first heard it. Chiara Hunter has a great voice. Something 'bout July is also a good tune. I especially like the Horns arrangement on this track.

In summary, if you like the Cog, you'll like this album - A LOT. Bluey also sings on one of the tracks adding to the huge range of vocal talent who contribute to this album; including Carleen Anderson, Katie Leone and Incognito stalwarts Tony Momrelle and Venessa Haynes.

Personally, I would like the band to release some of the tracks they regularly play live. I'd love to have a recording of Natalie Williams singing Minnie Ripperton's 'Inside My Love'. A recording of Vanessa Haynes singing 'Don't you worry bout a thing' in the format they dropped at the Royal Albert Hall would be nice too. Oh and what about the version of Always There that Imaani performed at the Blue Note in Milan in 2012? AND as they've started playing Parisienne Girl again, maybe it's time to re-record that one again too!

Bluey, perhaps it's time for another remix album mate! Keep up the good work and see you all soon. x
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details