Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos

5.0 out of 5 stars The heart and message of the Christian Gospel we either don't understand, forget or don't know how to apply, made very clear., 9 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Total Forgiveness: Achieving God's Greatest Challenge (Paperback)
It would be impossible for me to express how this book & the sister book, 'Forgiving Ourselves' has impacted upon my life. Right from the begining you are helped to understand exactly how significant this topic is and how little it is covered in Churches generally. From my reading and by applying only the points that struck my mind on first reading, there has been a significant change in my understanding of the Gospel, how I treat others that have really hurt me and the inflow of God's love that has come as a subsequent result.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Oct 2009 08:42:58 BDT
This is all well and good, but this kind of thinking allows you to accept that god meant to give us murderers and rapists and that they should be forgiven too. The 'logic' behind this kind of thinking appears broken to me when people that are generally distasteful are somehow justified through faith as some sort of test of the truth rather than seen as the bad people that they are without any relationship to a deity at all. It is dangerous thinking to turn the other cheek and ignore actual human problems on the basis that god will sort it out, this takes responsibility away from you as an individual to do something positive and tangible as opposed to petition an as yet unproven idea such as a god.

Ghost Eddie

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2010 12:46:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Aug 2010 12:46:55 BDT
Sgt Pepper says:
Hi, Thanks for your comment. Sorry its taken a while for me to respond but I've only just seen it.

I don't think that God meant to give us murderers at all. What God did mean to give us is free will, so that we are not controlled like robots, and in that free will 'we', not God choose what we will do with it.

I think the point here is that we have all made mistakes and fall short of God's mark. Some, with less obvious but still sinful ones such as coveting, others, such as murderers, with far greater ones. God sees sin as sin and that we all need to be forgiven in and as we accept Jesus. After that, we all should be looking not to harbour grudges or un-forgiveness against our fellow man/woman as we have been forgiven ourselves.

I would emphasize that this is not about turning the other cheek but a positive choice to recognize AND forgive the action. God is and will ultimately be our judge and the only one fit to truly judge us all anyway as he is perfect. The fact that we are exhorted to forgive does not mean God will.....unless we/they choose to repent and ask forgiveness.

Unforgiveness invariably hurts and affects us more than the other party anyway so we need to do it even if for only selfish motives.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›