I finally had mine delivered today after a 2 month pre-order wait direct from Nokia. I have to say this phone is like no other I have ever used (and I've had many phones from all manufacturers over the years). Firstly it is stunning to look at and the pictures do not do it justice. It is extremely well made, feels solid with all aspects of the hardware feeling very impressive. The keypad is one of the best I've used (miles better than any HTC attempt). Its reactive and intuitive and this coming from someone with big hands. Excellent camera also which is a bonus.

I haven't even got to the software yet, the new Maemo 5 operating system. All I can say is wow. It gives you an unprecedented amount of flexibility (even more than Windows Mobile) It also looks good and in my humble opinion finally we have a genuine advancement over the current iphone which seems to have been leading the way....until now.

I could go on for pages about this phone mainly with positives but would like to quickly address some of the negatives that have been touted around. Firstly the touch screen is very impressive whether you use your finger, nail or stylus. I find it just works as it should and do not feel there is any problem here. Secondly, battery life. I got a full day from the first charge, and that was with heavy usage while I customised it with all my info and with the WIFI on.

If I have to pick one negative it is that at the time of writing the app store 'Ovi' is not up and running. However bare in mind Nokia have delayed the launch date for bricks and mortar shops until 3 December so I expect it will be live by then.

In summary this is without doubt the smartest Smartphone now available with the 'key' feature in my opinion being the 'computer' like web browsing, which is about as close to a full browsing experience as I've come across. The potential for this phone and more importantly the OS, Maemo is high and I think Nokia may have finally found their way again after a few 'flops'
33 Comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.