on 16 October 2004
I bought my Muvo a good few months ago now, and I have been very pleased with it.
I chose this model as I wanted a small MP3 player with enough storage capacity to hold a good few albums plus the ability to act as a USB memory stick so I could transfer work between home and collage, without carrying around a load of Floppy disks or CD-Rs around. And it does both job extremely well indeed, as I can store about 5 albums on it and leave 10mb or so free so I can get to store plenty of essays etc on it (using 128kbps WMA format) as well. It also came with two different coloured battery packs, a clear rubbery-plastic case with belt clip, an arm strap so you can listen to music at the gym and a pair of headphones. Which produced a poor, metallic sound, though luckily I had another pair which are much better and once I plug them it the sound quality was very good. It also comes with a mic, though I haven't ever used it.
Getting music onto the player proved a doddle, just copy and paste or use windows media player. Though don't forget to number the tracks or it will play in alphabetical order
Another advantage of this is it uses just 1 AAA battery which lasts, for me about 9 hours.
All in all I think if you want to get an MP3 player to replace a CD player or minidisc player this would be perfect, but if you want to store your CD collection on you'd be wanting a creative jukebox or an ipod.
Pros.
Small, easy to use, good sound quality, relatively cheap, plenty of accessories, good battery life, enough space for 4-5 albums ,possibly more if your willing to compromise quality for quantity.
Cons.
Poor Headphones (you'll probably want to add on another £10 or so to get a good pair if you haven't got any), It won't carry your music collection
0Comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?