on 6 January 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am surprised that most other reviewers seem to not like this software. This is the first time I have used a dictation software program on my Mac but I have been using Nuance's software on my PC's for several years. In the early days on a PC the software was awful but, as you can see from my other review on Dragon's PC software, the irritating bugs have been resolved and its easier tan ever to dictate straight into Word.

I have wanted a dictation system for my Mac for year but the cost from the alternative company has been far outside my price range an they did not offer a trial. I was therefore very pleased to get this software to try out.

The pack contains instructions being a quick guide of 4 pages, which is all you need, 2 disks, a great Plantronics headset being a headset and microphone and a USB dongle which you need to plug the headset into. Please read the quick instructions first because otherwise if you plug the head set straight into the ports on your Mac the software may not work correctly.

Set is a breeze. First the applications disk into your applications folder, then launch the program and install the second data disk. You then need to register the software where you need the licence code, finish installation, agree to terms and then a 5 minute dictation/speech test is all you need to get going. Amazing when you consider the early PC versions had training which could take hours literally. This accepted 99% of my speech and I only had problems with the FULL STOP's (thats the way it spells it on screen to get you to dictate loud and slow.

I am now a week into my software package and whilst I am no expert I am delighted with how good it is. Practise makes perfect and if you do buy please continue with the voice training to get the best of the software. If you do you will see that this is a great piece of software.

One quick warning, this software only runs well on the latest 10.6 MAC OS system and therefore if you do not have an intel based MAC this software isn't for you. I have several MACs and found that whilst it runs great on my new iMac it would not run on my 3 years old Macbook.
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.