on 5 June 2003
I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan, and as such you would normally take anything I say with a pinch of salt, but believe me when I say that this is an astounding DVD. Yes the footage is at times 30 years old, but it doesn't suffer for it. Apart from occasional white outs, which have been masked with stills, there is extensive footage, with close, intimate camera work. The rendition of Moby Dick blows TSRTS out of the water, Bonzo's passion, and incredible technique are clear. Very few bands perform as well live as Led Zeppelin did, and this is Led Zeppelin captured at their best.
I have read a lot of reviews of this DVD from fans around the world, and not one has had a bad word for this release. I would love the opportunity to thank Jimmy Page for this chance for me to see my favourite band play live, as I was too young to catch them for real. If you like Led Zeppelin, remember they were a live phenomenon so this double disc feature is a must.
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?