on 18 May 2002
To be honest, I've never been a huge Enrique fan. I wasn't that keen on 'Hero' when it was released, I thought it was just a tad too cheesy for my liking. But recently I heard 'Escape', and I was hooked so I decided to take a risk & buy the album. I wasn't sorry.
I love Latin style music in general, I have cds of Ricky Martin/Shakira/Chayanne- and this too is very addictive.
So how do I rate the tracks? Well 10 are in English, and 3 are Spanish versions of 3 of the English ones. (just to let you know)...
01 Escape- great, love it! Upbeat. 2nd best song on this cd.
02 Don't Turn Off The Lights- Brilliant! I think this song is SO good, definitely the best on the cd, and I think track 12 'No Apagues La Luz' the Spanish version of it is just as good if not better and still different. A very catchy beat.
03 Love To See You Cry- the title sounds quite horrible really, and it is about a guy who likes to see his girl cry. Catchy enough but I wasn't too keen on the lyrics. Not one of the best ones.
04 Hero- Very cheesy love song. Slow paced. Good.
05 I Will Survive- this is fairly upbeat in tempo. Reminded me a bit of 'Rhythm Divine' but not as good.
06 Love 4 Fun- this is what it says- it's a fun/party-style song. Despite at first seeming quite cheesy/pop- it really will grow on you. One of my faves definitely.
07 Maybe- a slower song this one. I quite like it, faster than Hero (I actually prefer it to Hero).
08 One Night Stand - this is very good actually! upbeat & you'll be singing to the chorus in no time- the lyrics aren't brilliant but very catchy.
09 She Be The One - not one of the best ones. Fairly upbeat and still catchy.
10 If The World Crashes Down- slow & upbeat- catchy. This album actually seems to flow very well in pace. Good.
11 Escapar - Spanish version of Escape, I actually prefer the English version as the lyrics seem to fit better when he sings them. Don't worry if you can't understand Spanish as it really isn't a huge difference through the translation.
12 No Apagues La Luz- again it's great. Just as good as the English 'Don't turn off the lights'. Having read the lyrics just now, the Spanish really is along the same lines in terms of meaning as the English lyrics.
13 Heroe - you know what this is the Spanish version of. I'm not that keen on Hero so I'm not the best judge. It sounds just as good, but I'd have to admit that the chorus sounds better in English (fits better with the beat.)
Overall this is a very good cd. I have definitely changed my mind about Enrique- he has a really good voice, and the album flows really well throughout. There are no big scares.Definitely worth buying! I hope he releases 'Don't turn off the lights' next.
0Comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details