on 21 May 2010
I love my steak and seafood, and since moving here, have acquired an annoying habit of dropping by the 20 million pastry shops that I seem to pass by on a regular basis. The lack of sun seem to equate with more indoor endeavours. Exercise and active pursuits have pretty much dropped down to zero, generally feel lethargic and it's getting harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning. Not surprisingly, the weight crept up. Could probably have turned into a complete balloon if not for my genes (thanks, mom and dad). Tried to cut down the food, eat more 'healthy salads' and become more active. Not much of a veges person in the first place. Cutting down treats and forcing myself to eat what I don't like was never a recipe for success. I think the longest I lasted was probably a day and a half. And shocker (!!), didn't even get close to 'that run' or 'that gym' I was going to join at 'some point' never!!

Read about this diet in The Times. On first glance, seem similar to Atkins but doesn't have the 'ick' factor of increasing my risk of dying of a heart attack by age 35. Book was on sale and going on holiday with a bunch of old very svelte friends! Well explained and logical. I like meat anyway - so, do-able (which is more important). Got a log book, stocked my fridge and forged on with determination. Lost 4 pounds on day 2 - weighed myself about 5 times just to make sure. Felt quite energetic and getting up in the morning is not the 1 hour ordeal like before. Lost another 5 pounds on day 3 (I thought the scales was broken by that point and weighed myself at work AND at some random shop). Felt hyped up by progress and spurred me on. Never felt like cheating and the weight continues to melt off. So for me - amazing result.

UPDATE 4 April '11: Loving this diet! For me, quite easy to follow and maintain as I do like my steak. Very quicky reached my ideal calculated weight - actually, too quickly, so I had to fast forward the phases a bit. No craving for sweets at all. I DID go off the rails at Christmas (shocker!!) and not surprisingly, all the annoying bad habits and cravings came back, with all its stupid side effects. Nip it in the bud quickly, restarted on phase 2 and all is good. Makes you very aware of the stuff you put in your mouth and live a healthier lifestyle.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.