on 7 February 2006
I really enjoyed this season of DC. My favourite characters in the show were always Pacey and Joey, and seeing them get together at the end of season 3 was great. I'm so glad the producers kept this couple together throughout most of Season 4 as the chemistry between them is undeniable. Dawson and Joey have never been a believeable couple for me, in fact Dawson really irritates me! His character starts off this show by being the central one but he grows more and more annoying until by season 6, he isn't even really a main character anymore- he gets pushed into the sidelines with the focus on Joey, who is a much stronger character. Take in this season for example, Dawson's relationship with Gretchen- there is zero chemistry between them. I think that storyline (and others featuring Dawson) would have worked better if James Van Der Beek was a better actor! I liked the storyline with Mr Brooks though.
I think the ending between Pacey and Joey was sad, but I can understand why it happened. I really like Jen and Jack in this season- their friendship is inspired. And Jen's grams is lovely too. nice to see her kinder side here!
I also thought the way they ended the season was good- it dealt well with the pain of having to leave your friends and start a new life. However, the kiss between Dawson and Joey at the end is not very realistic! Joey is supposed to be heartbroken about Pacey and that just makes her out to be totally shallow and fickle. Big mistake!!
It's a real shame that DC went kinda pear shaped after this, particularly in season 6. This season is great though,I would highly reccommend it!
What's this?