5.0 out of 5 stars just excellent, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: ASUS Transformer Book T100 10.1-inch 2-in-1 Convertible Netbook (Intel Atom Z3740 1.33GHz Processor, 32GB SSD, 2GB DDR3, Intel HD Graphics, Touchscreen, SDXC Card Reader, USB 3.0, Micro HDMI, Windows 8.1) (Personal Computers)
I have had my t100t for a little while now, and I'm delighted with it. I am running a full version of Office 2007 and it flies through that. For those concerned about hard drive space, I am running Office and Tiger Woods 2008 both from a standard 32Gb Micro SD card which I bought for £20 at the time I bought the T100T. By trade I am an IT engineer -I work on all kinds of laptops and pc's every day. I bought this as soon as it came into stock because -even at this very low price -it oozes quality.

Bear in mind you get Office 2013 Home & Student in the package -that's £90 on it's own- so your are actually paying £240 for the hardware. System resets are achieved by simply holding down F9 on restart and take about 20 minutes....ideal if -like me -you are using the machine to scan other peoples crap and come across all manner of nasties,

For anyone looking for a lightweight mobile, fun yet capable laptop it's actually a no-brainer.

rob

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Mar 2014 00:04:58 GMT
Hi Rob,

Can you expand on your comment regarding Office 2007 as I'm confused a little, ie have you loaded this on to the machine as well as Office 2013 that comes preinstalled? I'm considering getting this product or the Microsoft Surface RT - grateful for your thoughts should you have any?

Regards,

Richard

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2014 20:03:50 BDT
D Taylor says:
I wouldn't bother with the Surface RT, only go with a Surface Pro. The RT is VERY limited to the point of being all but unusable. also the MS office you get isn't the full suite, they're stripped down to the point of barely being useful.

With this one you can install anything, as it's running the full win 8.1 OS. You can install any version of Office you want, but it does include a the Home and Student version which includes almost everything you need. Unless you want Outlook.

Price wise i would deffo suggest you get this one due to it's flexibility. The RT is sadly dead in the water with dev's not wanting to touch it

Posted on 7 Jun 2014 09:29:07 BDT
Hi Rob,
read your review. the only thing I think concerns me is the processor speed. I don't have a lot of patience and do tend to use graphics software. Do you think this machine is for me or should I keep looking. I like the fact it has Windows as I know what I am doing with that. Thanks for your comments.
Moira (Mogsy)

Posted on 7 Jun 2014 12:03:41 BDT
Bookbug says:
Thank you for your review - reviews really do help.
I can't decide whether to buy this tablet or the Asus Transformer PAD TF701T-1B007A .
There is only one thing that is really making me hesitant about buying the T100TA - and that is the screen resolution is so poor compared to the Transformer PAD TF701T-1B007A. I want to be able to read pdf and MS Word files and maybe magazines on the screen for perhaps quite long periods of time. With the seemingly low resolution of the T100TA won't this be quite an eyestrain?? Apart from that I would rush to buy the T100TA without hesitation.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2014 13:22:42 BDT
I have no problems with the screen resolution when reading MS Word or PDF files on the T100TA. Without even having used the TF701 I can bet that I would not notice the difference in screen resolution when using these two apps (albeit it may be apparent in image quality). BLUF - I have not looked back since buying my T100TA - a cracking piece of kit!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2014 19:57:07 BDT
Bookbug says:
Thanks for your reply Richard. I have actually now bought the MS Surface Pro as it seems to meet all my requirements. Hope it lives up to expectations when it arrives!
John

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2014 17:23:30 BDT
K. Denver says:
Since you are an IT person may I ask you if Homegroup in Windows 7 Pro will see this one OK and link to it even tho it is running W8? I have no experience of 8. Thanks.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 19:59:14 BDT
Mrs CRB says:
I am thinking of buying this device. Could you comment on its reliability all these months since you bought it? Thank you so much. Your review is excellent, by the way.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2014 15:52:24 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Nov 2014 15:53:21 GMT
alex says:
hi did you buy the t-100? im thinking of buying one for my trip to new zealand......i dont need it for buisness just for travel

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2014 20:04:33 GMT
Mrs CRB says:
I have not yet bought a new laptop/tablet. Nobody replied to my question!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›