on 14 January 2014
I bought a different speaker dock two weeks ago, but when I listen to music in bed at low volume there is a buzzing sound. I could make a light sabre sound by sliding my finger across the screen. It was time to look for a better one. I can't verify the low volume at the moment so will update later if that proves to be a problem. What I can say is that I think button sizes, shape and function are a masterpiece. Don't expect I will need the user guide in future. There is a Web user design book called "Don't make me think" and that philosophy should apply to all gadgets. All the buttons on this device make sense to me and I find them very easy to remember. Well done.

Size wise, It's small enough for a bedside table or cabinet.

When you are listening to something on your iphone/ipod, it will stop playing when you hit the play/pause putton. Press it again to resume listening. No need to touch the iPhone/iPod once it's docked unlike my Bose docking station.

Also, my iPhone4 will sit on the dock connector without taking the silicone case off. Another bonus ( unlike the Bose ).

As another reviewer said about the white version ( this one is black ), the time sync button did not work for me but it only takes a few seconds to set the time yourself anyway so not a problem.

Very pleased so far.

P.S.
Bought it on Amason Warehouse Deal and have never had any problems with previous warehouse deal purchases. The product descriptions have been pretty accurate. Packaging was original but a bit tatty which was in the description. Can't understand the low 95% seller rating given that you can send something back within 30 days, no questions asked. Saved £300 on the last camcorder I bought, about half price, and the labels were still stuck to it like new.

UPDATE:
Sound is nice at low levels. Great.
The buttons are very easy to feel in the dark but make a loudish click when pressed.

This is how to tune the FM radio preset's.
Press the "Preset" button to select the preset number you are tuning. for example P-01.
Tune in to the station you want, for example 106.9 FM
Press and hold the SLEEP/Memory button only until the display flashes, P-01 for example.
Press and release the SLEEP/Memory button again while the P-01 is flashing.
Press and hold the SLEEP/Memory button until the display flashes, P-01 for example.
Wait until the P-01 stops flashing. 10 seconds.
When the display stops flashing the channel is set.

This took me nearly an hour of trial and error. I guess the lack of proper instructions explains the average rating generally for iLuv docks because so far the device is good.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details