Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop now Learn more

on 14 May 2014
I'd just read two books I didn't enjoy! Joe Abercrombie’s next aren’t yet due and I’ve read everything Brandon Sanderson has written to date, Scott Lynch has slowed and George RR Martin is a year behind with the next in the series. One name guarantees a damn good story, well written and breathtakingly pacey. Jonathan Moeller, he writes novels at industrial capacity, if someone told me he was actually a group of writers all using one name, if it weren’t for his singular style, I may be tempted to believe that. His Ghost series is the epitome of female assassin books and I think he’s up to about 9 Ghost novels now.
He’s got so many great series going on I honestly can’t imagine where he finds the time. So when I saw yet another new series I couldn't resist the first one free. Totally hooked, what a great story. Old earth knights escape earth via a portal, they don’t know that’s what they are doing, but that’s how they end up on another world. Unfettered by the Saxons, Normans et al, Chivalry continues and with a little magic loaned to them by the locals you have the backdrop for some interesting twists. Enter our hero Ridmark Arban, a Knight with a Magical sword, virtue and the belief in the Knights code. Off he sets on an adventure which is great fun, it’s a linear story but well-presented and interesting, this book in the series is the scene setter and events take place over a few weeks only. But its boys own stuff and I happily let Jonathan drag me in so I would buy the next. (Already read that and will review separately). This author is producing books at a hell of a rate, he’s the Henry Ford of literature, except he’s making Mercedez not Fords. Enjoyable, interesting and full of adventure. Gave it a 4 only because I’d read the next one before I wrote this review and the next one is a step up again. Read this and you will read the next.
6 people found this helpful