on 14 January 2014
I was looking for a cheap, Prime-eligible digital thermometer for beer brewing and came across this. I don't normally write reviews, but after seeing some people complain of inaccuracy and slow readings I felt compelled to give my input.

I think it's very accurate. Even just picking up the surrounding room air temperature it matches the old glass thermometer I have. Boiling water shows 99.7C, my body temperature 37.2C.

Regarding slow readings, it understandably takes a few seconds for the metal probe to reach the same temperature as the surrounding liquid/food, but it is only a few seconds and the display quickly updates and settles on the final temperature.

Very pleased overall. Not sure how long it'll last but if it breaks in 12 months time I'll just buy another...
11 Comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?