on October 11, 2012
I tested positive for Lyme disease but was told it was rare and so I couldn't possibly have it by an infectious diseases consultant - then a second different test came back positive so I was given two weeks of antibotics. No change if anything I felt worse.

So how ill was I? Well over five years I got gradually worse and by 2009 I was bedridden could hardly walk more than a couple of steps - the initial diagnosis had been ME - I had so many different symptoms life really wasn't worth living. Despite being told there was nothing I could do - I persevered when I had a bit of energy I would look for information to help me.

As I read this book and one by James Schaller (a paragraph at a time as my brain was so fogged) I realised it was very likely I had Babesia as a co-infection as well as chronic Lyme disease. The symptoms just fitted so closely. After trying artemisinin unsuccessfully I found the web forums for an up to date treatment protocol for Babesia and took four months of cryptolepsis which allowed my blood cells to all be replaced without re-infection. I am now able to function a million times better than I could - I can drive for two hours - have energy to do things - and each day my stamina is increasing. So many symptoms are just resolving themselves. It has been like a miracle cure for me.

I still have to deal with the chronic lyme disease - and will be following a herbal treatment protocol again once my improvement plateaus from dealing with the Babesia. But now I have hope and a life waiting for me - which means so much - so many thanks to the author!
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?