on 15 June 2012
The book was recommended to me, because it will be read at the ELFM Readathlon on Sunday 17th June. And I am one of the readers.
I found it, initially, quite hard going and found the ending rather surprising, but, as I know the area and possibly also met the main character of the book I found it more and more fascinating as I went along.
To such an extent, that I shall have to go and see the place for myself.
The style is engaging and I felt in the end, that I would like to meet the author - and that is something which does not happen with many books.
If you ever get to Yorkshire, go and have a look at the white horse at Kilburn, at Kilburn itself, look out from the top of Sutton Bank - and then read the book for a second time.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink