HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 October 2005
My son (9) isn't very good at reading, so I read this book to him at bedtime. He really enjoyed it and so we bought the rest of the series (4 books at present) to encourage him to like books as much as Playstation 2, TV and DVD's. Most books we have are shared with his 11 year old sister, so he appreciated a good boys book. The sci-fi stories are quite good (we are Dr Who & Dan Dare fans) and you get a boys favourite (dinosaurs) thrown in as well. The series follows the space adventures of a troupe of vegetarian dinosaurs (they escaped the meteor hit 50 million years ago by leaving Earth in spaceships). In this book a ferocious sea monster appears to be on the loose in the water world of Aqua Minor. Astrosaurs Tegs and Gipsy travel to the bottom of the sea to investigate - rather them than me.

This is a good read, but would have been better if we had started with the first book though as that sets the scene and introduces the characters - 'Riddle of the Raptors'. My sons says 'It was cool, I liked the characters and the pictures. I also liked the cut-out cards at the back'. I would think the books would suit any pre-teen boy older than four, who appreciates space travel. Being a Sci-Fi fan, I also enjoyed reading them. Recommended.
What's this?