on 20 August 2009
I bought this book earlier this week after it was recommended to me by a couple of friends. I've been an Annie Road season ticket holder for 28-years and I can honestly say that this is the best book I have ever read about Liverpool.
I raced through it in a day and a half because I couldn't put it down. Loads and loads of books have been published in recent years about the club, but this one is definitely the most unique in terms of the way it is written by the dry witted author, Simon Hughes, as well as the topic matter.
There are loads of stories in there that I haven't heard before about players that Liverpool might have signed after being scouted by Geoff Twentyman and of course, many stories about the players that eventually did end up at Anfield.
I reckon non-Liverpool fans would like the book as well because it's not just about the Reds. There are interviews in there with players like Martin Buchan (United), Andy Gray (Everton), Franny Lee (City) and Gordon McQueen to name just a few.
I really can't recommend this book enough to all proper football fans.
36 people found this helpful