Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Learn more

31 December 2015
If you read a lot of books from one author to you tire of his or her mode of writing. If it is Brian L. (Harry) Porter I don't think that is possible. This is another five star review for the reason that this book, an anthology of short stories, is brilliant. The last of these stories is by Carole Gill who is also a wonderfully talented author.
Okay, you say, why five stars? Well the first part of my response is the writing, the content, the characters, the tales, the usage of language, the means of creating a scene or scenario, all the tricks that writers use are so well done in these stories that they deserve five stars. The second part of my response is simply that the stories are great.
I will tell you a little of three of the many stories in the book. Toxic Bitch is the first I mention. If this one doesn't scare the living hell out of you then you are the bravest person alive. The second story I will mention is one written in substantial part about the author himself and his joyful episodes of swimming with dolphins. God how I envy him doing that and wish that I could do it as well. The third is a mystery story called The Significance of Cherries. Have you ever owned a dog that took you to see something, was insistent that you needed to come with him or her to a spot, or responded to another person positively or negatively in a very surprising fashion. If so you will get this story and love it.
Brian L. Porter is an excellent writer. His short stories are fleshed out enough even though relatively short, to be believable, to be enjoyable and to merit five stars. Thanks Harry. You have done it for me again. Very enjoyable reading.
2 people found this helpful