on 25 May 2011
I should perhaps point out that I don't read non-fiction, however I always make an exception for Bill Bryson as I find his style of writing so enjoyable and easy to read. I was initially put off by the high Kindle price but decided to give it a go anyhow and I am very glad I did.

Once again Mr Bryson manages to make potentially dry subjects interesting and amusing. I thought it might be a book that I dipped in and out of while I read my usual fiction but the book proved so compelling that I read it straight through (although not in one sitting!).

The only criticism would be that I think my husband was ready to leave me because I was forever saying "listen to this...." or "wow - did you know....." and "I never knew that!"
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?