The Motorola Defy + has good sound quality with its CrystalTalk technology, something most phones are lacking these days with the emphasis on all the other things the phone can do besides talking on it. This was an important point for me.

It has GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G as well as covering all the major GSM bands where today many phones are actually no longer properly GSM compliant in favour of the faster but still not as widely built out 3G or 4G networks.

The screen is not the biggest on a smartphone, but it makes the phone a better size for holding to one's ear for talking together with the nicely rounded back of the phone - again an important point that mobile phone developers tend to forget.

I have a Kindle, but I actually find the Defy's screen a nice size and resolution for reading books, so I am less likely to bring my Kindle anymore. A good music player also replaces my iPod.

Battery life is excellent. Even with Wi-Fi constantly on, it lasts a really long time, and GPS seems to be the biggest battery muncher, but I won't use that very often.

I have luckily not had opportunity to test the toughness aspect of this phone, but it is built to be robust and water resistant, something that I am sure will come in handy one day, and which is a refreshing upgrade from the old and seemingly brittle Nokia I've had the last few years.

All in all, this is a very good phone that I won't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a new smartphone.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.