on 10 April 2012
Simply stated but never understated. The book I should have written!

For my sins, I am currently teaching maths to level 2 (equivilent to Grade C in GCSE) in a prison, (I must have done something very bad in a previous life!) Consequently it is very challenging to get the students to understand basic concepts without too many wordy explanations - yet this author has done a wonderful job of stating the facts and leaving out the waffle. It is modern, bang up to date and yet gets the job done systematically, light heartedly and consistently. I simply ask students to read the relevant chapter in the book and then we discuss their understanding - as they say no pain no gain and this is probably the least painful approach so far. Students like the personalisation. It saves me a lot of effort saying exactly the same thing, over and over again.

It's ideal for proving the point to sceptical students - who don't always believe me just because I say it's true - this book therefore backs me up, succinctly and sweetly.

It is simply the best, the book I wish I had written!
0Comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.