on 27 January 2014
I bought this for my Dell tablet that has no drive to load programs. It comes with software on a disk and did not start when plugged into a USB port, so I did a search on line to download it from [...]. This site gave me a link to Driver Manager and to download it then phone a "toll free" 0800 number. From this I was put through to "the next available engineer" The next available engineer wanted to phone me and then I was told that I had to follow instructions so that he could do that. This gave him access to my computer from which he said that I had 730 errors on my computer and asked me to fill in on line a payment form for $750 to begin to fix the faults. I did not give any details and told him that I was not wanting to continue and put the phone down, logged off and restarted to run Norton and look for unwanted changes etc.
This experience has taught me 1) not to assume that the Samsung or Driver Manager were not at fault. And 2) my Dell tablet is a better idea than a good old fashioned lap top with its own disk drive and Windows 7 (not 8.1) which will recognise things plugged in straight away.
What's this?