on 23 February 2013
I picked up this book for free to see what all the fuss was about, Amanda Hocking being one of the top selling indie authors with many column inches written about her.

It's a YA teenage girl kicks zombie ass book. I'd heard her writing was rubbish and the story was ridiculous. As I started reading it, I agreed. The writing is not the best. There's typos in here and she writes in the voice of a teenager - the book being written in first person.

The story is a bit silly. The heroine sets off across zombie country picking up a lion and a rock star on the way. I was only going to read a bit, then a bit more, then I was committed. For all it's faults, I want to see how it ends. It certainly won't win any literary prizes, but I've never liked a book that does. This is trash, but in an entertaining way. Will I read more? I doubt it. But I enjoyed this book, even though I didn't expect to.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.