on 1 September 2010
Just thought I ought to warn people thinking of reading this because it looks interesting (like I did) that they should do whatever they can to avoid getting anywhere near it.

It is absolute drivel. It is badly written, confusingly plotted, clearly not proofread (has the role of proofreader been done away with - all the books I have read recently are littered with grammatical errors and other mistakes?) and so, so, so, so annoyingly American, even though set mostly in Edinburgh and its environs.

I never thought I would say this about any book but it really is more ludicrous than the truly awful Da Vinci Code and it is even more badly written than Dan Brown's disasterpiece.

It moves from preposterous situation to preposterous situation without blinking, which sounds like it might at least be fun, but it is so poorly written that it is not fun at all just confusingly dull and boring.

I have had to give it up as too, too dreadful to expose my eyes and brain to after page 250. I should get a medal for getting that far. I never gave up with the Da Vinci Code, although I wish I had.

It is always possible that this book may turn into a masterpiece after page 250 and I am never going to find out, although I am willing to bet it doesn't.

I would like to give this minus 1 star but Amazon will not allow it. It seems to think that every book deserves at least 1 star - an unjustifiably positive approach in this book's case.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details