4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Trumping both nature and nurture,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles (Hardcover)
Bruce Lipton puts you and me squarely in the centre of evolutionary unfolding -not through mystical enjoinment alone, but through scientific argument -quantum mechanical principles of observer-centricity woven together with the `New biology' of epigenetics and signal transduction.
In a compelling crusade against the conventional belief that genes control life - Lipton contends how it is in the narrow interests of the establishment (governments, the pharma industry, the medical profession etc) to keep the normal population subservient to disempowering beliefs about destiny and free will. And that all it takes to unshackle ourselves to freedom is a fully conscious mind, which trumps both nature and nurture.
Using both the power of scientific method and as astonishing array of little known/often ignored facts Lipton proves how our belief system can be a double-edged sword:
* one third of medical cures in the world can be attributed to the placebo effect
* the brain of the cell is NOT in the nucleus but the cell membrane
* A `growth' response cannot usually co-exist with a `fight-or-flight' response, and hence we have a choice: believe the universe is friendly, or hostile
* The child's physical and emotional health begins to be strongly influenced in the months preceding conception
* The information processing power of our subconscious is a million times that of the conscious mind
In the epilogue Lipton professes his subscription to the unity of science and spirit, and propounds a new rule called the `Survival of the most Loving' for which he offers two fabulous metaphorical expositions - the prismatic refraction of white light, and the compelling logic of fractal evolution.
Finally we are introduced to the practice of muscle testing (kinesiology) called PSYCH-K offered by Rob Williams that can be used to re-program our subconscious!
This book is at the bleeding edge, no doubt.