on 21 January 2009
It's been a long time since I've found a book with a storyline to hold me on the edge of my seat until the very last page but this book did just that. I couldn't put it down!

Tuppenny Hat Detective, with an 11 year old ruffian taking on the role of hero has taken me on a rollercoaster ride of childhood memories.

I too was born in Sheffield and this endeared me to young Billy as he struggled to solve a mystery wrapped in secrets long since buried.

I walked and ran with this young man through the streets of Walkley. I shared his compassion and his fear but at the same time felt his determination to complete the task he had set himself.

Against all the odds he persevered, a child in an adult world.

I would recommend this book to anyone who can read, young or old.

This book is the first for this author but I, for one, cannot wait for the next.
0Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?