on 12 February 2006
Ever since I heard "Wherever You WIll Go" on the radio, The Calling have remained my favourite band to date. Maybe its the fact the type of music they play is perfectly in tune with my mind, or just the brilliantly rich vocals, but every one of this band's songs have failed to displease me.
Camino Palmero was packed with songs that ranged from the uplifting anthems to the solitery acoustic. It was tremendous. In their second attempt, The Calling seem to have exploited the uplifitng anthems more than anything, and they've done it to near perfection. Every single one of these songs were worth the time to just repeat a second time. On the few occasions I've played the album in a public place almost everyone looks up and listens. It catches the attention. The vocals rival that of Chad Kroeger's from Nickelback. I can only assume the record label was lazy on advertising, since I had only heard of this album after searching for Calmino Palmero after hearing Wherever You Will Go on the radio. Its a shame these guys have been wasted...
There isnt one song in this album that stands out by itself. But if I was pushed, I would go for the single Our Lives and the song Things WIll Go My Way. Both are fast paced and Things WIll Go My Way has the most amazing bridge.
I'm not going to list each song and rate them seperatly because I would end up with a straight 4-5 star list. No one can really descibe this album in just words. If you are reading this and found your way to this page, I'm 99% sure buying this album will be worth your while.
What's this?